Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Starting Now

There aren't very many people whose blogs I read on a regular basis. The one's at listed at the right I check in on every so often, but a few of them I read every time a new entry is posted. Because of this, I have been inspired.

I have a friend named Kjersti, whose blog is listed at right, who often writes about her struggles with weight. First and foremost, I admire the fact that she writes so candidly about a topic that most have a hard time dealing with and push to the back of their minds. Second, she inspires me (who also struggles with weight) to better myself. I work out, but not as hard as I should; it is hard to do it alone. I eat ok, but definitely not well. Over the past 2 years I have gained more weight than I am ready to admit to and am currently the least healthy I have ever been. I, like Kjersti, am not setting outlandish goals; I just want to be healthy and happy.

I am ready, starting now, to lose weight, feel better, be better and work on myself.

Thank you, Kjersti, for showing me that I am not alone with my struggle. I only wish we lived within 800 miles of each other to be healthier together. You are an inspiration to me.

4 comments:

The Owens said...

I'm so excited for you! I know that you can do ANYTHING cause you're Melissa and you're amazing! Good luck with everything! I have the same goal, so if you ever want to talk about or workout, I will be there for you. I know you can do it!

Sarah Stout said...

What a powerful post, Melissa. I think that we ALL have qualities about ourselves that we'd like to work on or habits we'd like to stop/start, but it's not always easy to do so. Good for you for wanting to be a better person. I admire that.

Unknown said...

You inspire me! Thanks so much for your blog! We can do it! We can be healthy! You are awesome, next time you come into town, we must hang out!

Kjersti said...

Oops, I posted my previous comment as my brother-in-law (I am on my sister's computer) So, it was me!