Friday, November 07, 2008

Thank You

Some people are just dumb, you probably don't know who you are. Yet, I also know some very intelligent folks who inspire me on a regular basis. Thank you to both the smarties and the dummies for leading by example of who I should strive to be and who I should not.

I have relationships with those who dropped out of high school, and those who have PhD's. I know stark conservatives, tree hugger's and murderers. I feel blessed to have a full spectrum of examples in my life.

However, with this variety comes judgement. I suppose this is one of my downfalls. Naturally, I look up to those are most successful, and am wary of the choices made by those who aren't.

But, who am I to determine which is which?

2 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

It's all relative, because it depends on your definition of "success." Success to you could mean spiritually successful or having made a lot of money. Successful could me that the person has earned a degree and is working in a field/career he/she enjoys. You get the idea. In order to make a judgment call, you need to decide what SUCCESS looks like to you. Only then will you be able to choose role models that model your perception of success.

Anonymous said...

I hope I'm on the smartie list!

P.S. When are you going to come and visit me? My mom has a guest room ready and waiting...