Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Newness

After being married for a year (yep, it's coming up in two weeks, or so), I am glad that I can still think of our marriage as new. I guess it is a plus of not seeing each other. But with talking about "newness," I must say that not seeing each other will soon become a way of the past.

I have been offered a new position with the Girl Scouts of Western Washington. I will start four weeks from now, on Monday, October 6. I have been looking for a new job since April 2007. Well, I guess a little before that, because then, I tried to work in a dental office for a few minutes, but came crawling back to the Bellevue Club. With my new job I will be advising the adult volunteers who are in charge of the girls. So, there is not a lot (or any really) contact with Girl Scout girls, but I think that might be for the best. If you know me well, you know that kids were never my strong suit.

I AM SO STOKED!!

Working a normal day job, Monday-Friday, 9-5 is incredibly exciting. Garrin works during the day, and my current night schedule has kept us away from each other about 4 days a week.

That's not good.

But... With this new job, we can have dinner together. It sounds trivial, I know, but try not having it. Ever. It's weird. We are lucky if we sit at home together and eat once a week. No more, my friends! I will soon be getting to know my husband, again. Maybe it will feel like dating, only he never leaves.

Hmm... I might have to rethink this one...

I am starting this new job in four weeks. "Why so long from now?" you ask. Because we are taking a two week anniversary vacation in the middle. I will work the rest of this week then we are gone for two weeks, then I come back for one more week. Pretty awesome, eh?

I got a new hair style, in celebration of all this newness. It almost hurts to be so cute.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Congratulations on the new job! It sounds like it is just what you need. I can't even imagine not eating dinner with Travis for so many days in a row. Of course we have to do it every now and then but not as often as you do. I bet that has been way hard! And why can't we see a picture of those too cute hair cut? Where are you guys going on your trip? I can't even imagine going on a trip alone with Travis for two weeks just us . . . what would that be like? Want to take two kids for two weeks so that we can find out :)- that is my oh I'm being so funny computer face.

Sarah Stout said...

I'm so excited for your new job too! I can't believe you guys will actually be able to eat dinner together :)

Thanks for the cookies the other day. Those were delicious! Evan ESPECIALLY loved them (any time and chocolate and mint are together he is in heaven). Can I get the recipe from you?