Thursday, July 05, 2007

Nervous

Garrin called me today. When I said hello, he said, "I booked the temple for 1 o'clock Friday, September 21st." I sat there silent.

"We are getting married that day."

It is all of the sudden very real. I am marrying Garrin Tuttle. In 76 days we will be sealed for time and all eternity. That's a long time. Am I ready for that? Is anyone every really ready for marriage? How are other people not scared?

Everything about marriage is scary!

I love Garrin more in a way incomparable to the way I have ever felt about anyone else. And clearly he for me. But that does not make it any easier to go through with. Maybe I am nervous because I am embarking on a new stage of life that I was not sure that I would ever get to. Maybe I am nervous because our marriage will be sealed with not just a contract, but a covenant. The culmination of it all gets me.

I am going dress shopping tomorrow with my mom, sister and best friend. Nervous about that too!

No comments: